The idea of the Blog is to support a small Charity and this season we have chosen "Nottingham Stroke Club". A small charity that relies on fundraising with no paid workers. It offers support to Stroke victims and hold day meetings every Thursday to include a Quiz, lunch, chair exercises and also day trips and holidays. We are to sponsor 25p for each goal we see scored during the 2019-2020 season at matches we attend. Any clubs that would like to pledge or friends/fans please contact me

REVIEW OF 2019-20 SEASON

REVIEW OF 2019-20 SEASON

The 2019-20 season finished early due to the Covis 19 virus that spread around the world, but I still managed to see 52 matches from the little villages and towns of Cornwall and also locally in Nottinghamshire.

Despite facing many battles this season, Ive been welcomed at all clubs and later down the page I will be delighted to name all clubs and people that have donated to the Blogs Charity this season which is Nottingham Stroke Club, where the running total currently stands at a amazing £822.25p with still more pledges that have been made to come in, though I have been asked by some people how they can make a donation. If you would like to make a donation, then please email me on robhregnsl@hotmail.com

I am really grateful to everyone and clubs that has dug in their pockets in these difficult times to donate to my chosen charity whether it be a pound or a lot more. 

The season for me began at a 4g pitch in Radcliffe on Trent where I saw a pre season friendly between AFC Villa and East Leake Robins FC and ended with a Nottinghamshire Senior League Division One match between Robin Hood Colts and Kimberley Miners Welfare Reserves, inbetween I have a quite a few moments during the season I remember well, like producing St Erme FC's First ever programme on Non League Day for their home Trelawny League Division One match against Holmans SC Reserves, Keyworth United Reserves winning their County Cup Semi Final and watching a excellent 3-3 draw between Southwell City and Bingham Town in a clash of the top two in the Nottinghamshire Senior League Premier Division. I also seemed to see a few matches that ended in controveral circumstances esp n the County Cup.

Im always asked alsorts questions by people about my blog and about non league football, so I will try my best to do a quick review of whats what on 2019-20.

Most Improved Ground Visited
BILBOROUGH TOWN FC
Since my last visit they had finally got the council to help them and are beginning to put in new changing rooms, they will then be moving in to updating their catering and refreshments kitchen at the Stadium. I must mention Beeston FC who are now in early process of getting their new ground up to standards and hopefully will be a dream achieved soon. Must also mention Stapleford Town FC who I never got to visit during the season but know that they have done quite a few alterations to their home base.

Best Game Seen
SOUTHWELL CITY FC 3 BINGHAM TOWN FC 3
2nd v top and this lived up to its billing with end to end football, plenty of chances and one game you could take your eye off for the 90 minutes

Best Goal Scored Seen
THOMAS GROVES
35 yard screamer for Magdala Amatuers in their 2-0 away win at Eastwood Community Development FC

Most Friendliest Club
Cant pick out any club not to be friendly with all clubs welcoming myself, but ST ERME FC stand out this season as I did their first ever programme for Non League Day and we took my 2 year old granddaughter to her 1st ever match when they played Holmans SC Reserves, People ordered the programme via post and I sold out at the ground, in total 61, after the match I went to hand the money over and a speech was given in their clubhouse for the money to be donated to my charity which I was more grateful for, but then the players/management/committee made a surprise gift of a bottle of Champaign and box of Thorntons chocolates and a card which I opened up when I got back to the caravan which had £25 in it. I dont do the blog etc for praise but this really meant something to me from a small community club that lives in the shadows of giant cornish club Truro City and I would encourage anyone if in that area to visit St Erme FC.

Best Beer
Well many of you will know Ive been tee total for nearly 2 years now but do have a lager shandy, but after match I must say there a several places I enjoy going back to for after match drink. BEESTON FC go back to THE STAR in Beeston, a real ale pub if you like that sort of thing, I also like SHERWOOD MANOR which WOODTHORPE PARK RANGERS FC got back to, Lynsey really puts together a feast for the players and officials there.

Best On Ground Food/Refreshments
BASFORD UNITED FC
Really good pie and chips there.

Funniest Moment
Going to Bilborough Town FC and a lady in the refreshment began talking to Hazel and Shawn finding out that the lady was related to him, Shawn bugged the poor lady all day long lol

Most Improved Programme
Very hard choice to make as Bingham Town FC has a good programme but I thought KEYWORTH UNITED FC who used to just do a 4 page programme have the Chairmans son doing one every match and it is full of what is needed and the odd colour photo as well.

Best Person(s)
Top dog must be my wife HAZEL HORNBY who Id not be able to do all this without all her support and care, as I said earlier its not been the best of years health wise for me and continues to be a fight on even after this virus has long gone, I would like to thank the Nottinghamshire Senior League Committee even though I can be a bit voiceful at times or noisey! So many clubs and every person that has sent me get well messages.

Finally the list of Donators so far in no order:
AFC VILLA
ALAN WITTON
ARNOLD TOWN FC
BEESTON FC - STEVE HYDE
BILBOROUGH TOWN FC - STEVE LEE
BINGHAM TOWN - NUMBER 1 FAN ALAN
DANNY STALEY - AWSWORTH VILLA FC
DAVID BOGIE
DAVID REYNOLDS
DEREK JARVIS
GRAHAM MOSELEY
GREG OSBORNE
GREGG STUART - REFEREE
IAN SHEPPARD
IAN WILKINSON - REFEREE
JASON GILL - ROBIN HOOD COLTS FC
JIM BETHELL & GRANDAD
JOHN BECKETT - REFEREE
JOHN MANDERS - UNITED GRAYS FC
JOHN FROM RIPLEY
JONNY UPTON - SOUTHWELL CITY
KEYWORTH UNITED FC
KIRTON BRICKWORKS FC
LEWIS QUAYLE
MARK YATES - RAVENSHEAD FC
MARTIN WIDDOWSON
MATTHEW CHANIN - REFEREE
MICHAEL OSBORNE
MICHAEL PRIDGEON
NOTTINGHAM COMMUNITY FC
NOTTINGHAMSHIRE SENIOR LEAGUE
PAUL CROFTS
RADCLIFFE OLYMPIC FC
RICHARD LANE
RUBEN CLAY
RUSSELL BOOTH - MANSFIELD HOSIERY MILLS FC
SHANE O HARA
STEVE BROUGHTON
ST ERME FC
TOM SPENCER - RAVENSHEAD REDS FC

So the running total at present stands at £822.50p, there is still time if you wish to donate, please contact me and once your donate comes in, I will add your name to the list of donators.
for information on how to make a donation, please email me on robhregnsl@hotmail.com

Im sure at the current time when I will be setting up the 2020-21 season Charity Blog up yet, it will be a matter of sitting and waiting to see when football can commence but I do wish everyone to stay safe and well.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

SENIORS FALL TO LATE PENALTY

 Pre Season Friendly QUARRYDALE UNITED FC 3 RAINWORTH SENIORS FC 2  Two new clubs joining the Notts Senior League met in a Pre Season Friend...