The idea of the Blog is to support a small Charity and this season we have chosen "Nottingham Stroke Club". A small charity that relies on fundraising with no paid workers. It offers support to Stroke victims and hold day meetings every Thursday to include a Quiz, lunch, chair exercises and also day trips and holidays. We are to sponsor 25p for each goal we see scored during the 2019-2020 season at matches we attend. Any clubs that would like to pledge or friends/fans please contact me

ST ERME FC FIRST EVER PROGRAMME

A few seasons ago, I visited St Ives Mariners FC near to Hayle who were playing host to St Erme FC in the Trelawny League, the game was played in front of only a handful of people, to be honest I think it was me, my wife and son Shawn.

After the match we went back to the village pub and found there was wifi, so I could download the photos and add them to the aroundthegrounds charity blog, whilst doing this in stepped both teams and wanted to view the photos, Elliott Jolly of St Erme FC asked where they could find the website, so I explained what I do and before I knew it, he had organised a whip round for the charity blog to my surprise.

I have stayed in touch with St Erme FC through their Facebook site and seen their lows and now their highs, I did promise I would go and visit them at their home ground and do a team photo, I remember this day well as Im sure I saw a ark go past the ground as the rain lashed down heavy, but all credit, the game was on.

Before the match though, as promised I walked out on to the pitch to do the team photo and as I was about to walk off, I was stopped in my tracks and St Erme FC made a presentation to me with a shield for the work that the blog does, I was totally in shock and really couldnt thank the lads enough. Again the clubhouse after the match, a whip round for the charity blog was organised.

As Im on holiday on Cornwall for NON LEAGUE DAY which is next Saturday 12th October, I looked around at the fixtures and noticed that The Saints had a home match v Holmans Reserves and this would give me a chance to say thankyou back to St Erme FC by editing their FIRST EVER PROGRAMME and this is possibly the FIRST EVER programme produced in the Trelawny League Division One, so a special item for a special day.

Non League Day began some 10 years ago and is held around this time of year when there is a International weekend, so when Premiership & Championship clubs havent got matches, it gives local community clubs a chance to try and entice floating supporters a chance to come and see what they can offer, some local clubs do deals like £5 entry and you get a free pint or half price admission or pay what you want.  St Erme FC dont charge but do have to pay for the referee on the day, so the programme money could well cover his fee for the afternoon.

I do have a list of programme collectors who collect FIRST EVER PROGRAMMES and St Erme FC cant believe that their little club are going on the maps far away as the programmes have been ordered from Germany, Newcastle, Stoke, Liverpool, Essex and Nottingham.

The day is also going to be very special, as my Daughter in Law and my 2 year old Granddaughter have just moved from Germany down to Wiltshire and we are spending time on holiday, this will be my grandaughters first ever football match that she will be attending and she is the Match Ball Sponsor having purchased 2 match balls.

All we need now is a decent day and a decent turnout and a good match between St Erme FC v Holmans SC Reserves

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

SENIORS FALL TO LATE PENALTY

 Pre Season Friendly QUARRYDALE UNITED FC 3 RAINWORTH SENIORS FC 2  Two new clubs joining the Notts Senior League met in a Pre Season Friend...